Business Development Coordinator
Oxford Centre For Innovation, Oxfordshire
£25,000 - £30,000 depending upon experience
Oxford Innovation has ambitious growth plans, specifically in growing its network of innovation centres across the UK. We are looking for a new Business Development Coordinator to support the existing Business Development team with a range of activities and workstreams.
About the role
Our opportunities range from formal public sector bids to commercial relationship development. This role will primarily focus on the formal public sector bids, including the preparation of materials in anticipation for new opportunities. The role will also include supporting the team to identify and develop new opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor procurement portal notifications to identify new opportunities
• Manage bid pipeline information and provide updates/reports as required
• Complete EoI, PQQ and ITT processes on behalf of OI
• Contribute to, and maintain, a database of bid response resources, engaging content and information
• Contribute to the creation of business development resources, including case studies and insights papers
• Maintain the business development CRM system
• Participate in and co-ordinate actions from bid strategy sessions
• Co-ordinate the bid and proposal process, including the monitoring of deadlines, collating input from others, compiling documents and managing the submission process
• Conduct market research activities to support the business development process
• Support consultancy activities through research and the compilation of documentation
• Support the Business Development team with other activities as required
What we're looking for
We are looking for a professional, creative and motivated individual that has great organisational skills, a passion for creating compelling content, and a can-do attitude. You do not need to have experience in writing bids, but you should be keen to learn and apply your writing and organisational skills to our world. You must be able to work under pressure to demanding deadlines, able to work on multiple projects at the same time and be flexible in your working approach.
Essential skills and experience:
• University educated
• Ability to work on your own and within a team
• Ability to prioritise workload and manage your own deadlines
• A creative and articulate communicator with the ability to create content
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Inquisitive nature and eager to learn
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office suite)
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience of bid production, formatting and editing
• Knowledge of public sector procurement / bidding processes
• Able to demonstrate experience of working as part of a team on complex bids
• Desktop publishing and graphic design skills
Hours of Work:
A full-time role (minimum core hours of 37.5 hours per week) worked between Monday and Friday, but flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business.
Travel to clients and new and existing centres will be required.