Bicester and Heyford Park Innovation Centres, Oxfordshire
c £40,000.00 depending upon experience
This is a key role in enhancing the sales, operational and ultimate financial performance of the centre. Oxford Innovation’s Innovation Centre division operates a network of centres that provide flexible office and laboratory space and business support services to companies throughout the UK. Our clients are start-ups, high growth SMEs, investors and public sector organisations that contract with us to deliver innovation centres and programmes to business.
The Centre Manager will report to the Commercial Director and will be supported by an Assistant Centre Manager in each location. The Centre Manager should expect to work directly and closely with the Commercial Director and other members of the senior management team.
About the role
Major objectives of the role:
- Profile and Reputation: Act as a figurehead for the Innovation Centres locally, regionally and nationally, creating success, selling and marketing the product offering whilst enhancing its reputation for excellence
- Relationship and Account Management: Cultivate the working partnership with Oxford Innovation colleagues and other partners to identify and develop areas of collaboration and joint initiatives
- Operational Excellence: Deliver a world class service to the Innovation Centre community in facilities, support, connections and the commercial performance of the centre
- Commercial Excellence: To be accountable for the financial performance of the centres to ensure pre-determined budgets are achieved, and to deliver all aspects of sales, marketing and operational activities for the centres to attract new customers and ensuring the retention of existing occupiers
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Financial Management to include monthly billing and revenue collection, demonstrating a good understanding of Income Statements and Cost Management
- Control cost lines in the business within budgetary guidelines. Make recommendations on OPEX (operational expenditure) cost savings.
- Present annual budgets and business plans with recommendations on price increases, proposed local strategies and CAPEX (capital expenditure) requirements.
- Recommend and implement potential areas where additional revenue can be generated.
- Produce lettings and additional services revenue plans as required.
Sales and Marketing
- To promote available space in the centre on pre-agreed commercial terms
- To generate revenue from various products available in the centre
- To ensure the centre is fully exposed to the market to maximize revenue opportunities
- Network with influencers, public sector, and inward investment bodies and target potential customers as required
- Liaison with central Marketing Team to prepare marketing strategies suitable for the centre
Identify, recommend and implement local marketing initiatives
- Identify additional revenue creating opportunities
- Maintain an awareness of Oxford Innovation’s range of services, projects and expertise and promote appropriately to partners and clients
- Maintain an awareness and interest in the centre clients’ business performance and problems and signposting to help, working effectively with the Innovation Director
- Develop and maintain links between the centre and organisations in the local economy
- Set, monitor and develop the standards of centre presentation, including cleanliness, health & safety and security, by implementing the agreed standard operating procedures and monitoring criteria with the centre team.
- Develop a culture of quality service and customer care in all areas by encouraging open and honest feedback from the staff and customers through regular surveys and staff coaching
- Promote and build the centre’s reputation for exceptional standards of customer care
- Ensure that an appropriate competent employee is always on duty and able to deal with emergency procedures
- Attend training courses and meetings as and when requested to do so, being responsible for own development
- Team management to include all centre staff and temporary cover
- Manage recruitment and coaching of the Centre Management team to the required standards of performance and service levels, to ensure that the centre achieves the outstanding operational standards set by the Company
What we're looking for
- Experience in the operational running of an asset of the size, character and quality of an Innovation Centre
- Experience of working in a similar environment, supporting SMEs and able to demonstrate credibility in commercial aspects of innovation
- Awareness of economic development and the role Innovation Centres play in them
- Refined networking skills demonstrated through the ability to maximise revenue opportunities
- Clearly identifiable leadership skills to manage a team within a service environment, ensuring overall performance is maximised
- Evidence of excellent sales and negotiation skills