£35,000 pro rata
Part Time, Permanent
Oxford Innovation operates a network of centres that provide flexible office and laboratory space and business support services to companies throughout the UK. Our clients are start-ups, high growth SMEs, investors and public sector organisations that contract with us to deliver innovation centres and programmes to business.
This role is key to creating a dynamic and engaged business community at the Innovation Hub. Working alongside the Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EiR) you will ensure our customers within the Hub receive an excellent customer service experience, are provided with an environment that encourages their growth and are part of a collaborative community of SMEs, business support organisations and the wider eco-system to support their growth.
Each Community Manager will lead on engagement activity at the Hub they are responsible for, while also working with the wider team across the two BNU Hubs to ensure collaboration and community development across 2 sites.
Able to work alongside a range of stakeholders and undertake networking, event management, customer service and sales and marketing to support the vision and objectives for the Hubs; this is an ideal role for an experienced customer focused, membership, retail or network administrator in a fast-paced environment, who is looking to develop their skills further in a different sector. Plenty of support and training will be given where necessary but you will need to possess excellent organisational, communication and customer service skills with a keen eye for detail and have plenty of ideas of how to create and support dynamic communities.
If you are reliable, proactive, self-motivated and are comfortable working independently as well as part of the wider team, then this may be the role for you.
About the role
Major objectives of the role:
• To lead on the creation and maintenance of a dynamic and engaged business community within the Hub(s)
• To support the EiR to deliver a wide range of community engagement activities including events, networking opportunities and social interactions to drive collaboration
• To undertake all aspects of sales, marketing and operational activities to attract new customers to the Hub and ensure retention of existing customers
• To deliver exceptional customer service levels, supporting the EiR and working with our central commercial and operations teams
• To be accountable for the financial and operational performance of the centre, including reporting on KPIs
• Overall management control and accountability for the financial and commercial performance of the centre
This is a part time role working 30 hours split across Monday to Friday
What we're looking for
• Experience in the operational running of similar project, co-working or shared workspace or comparable operation is desirable or demonstrable transferable experience in a customer service / facing environment
• Clearly identifiable management skills in order to lead a team within a service environment, ensuring overall performance is maximised
• Evidence of negotiation skills within previous roles
What are you like?
• Highly self-motivated and proactive with a desire to contribute to the company more widely
• An interest in enterprise, entrepreneurial activity and in working in a lively, dynamic business environment
• A keen technology and IT user, adept at social media and communication on and offline
• Able to motivate, lead and delegate tasks to the team
• A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
• Client and customer services focussed