£35,000 per annum
This role is key to creating a dynamic and engaged business community at Oxford Sciences Innovation’s (OSI) incubator – Grassroots. Working alongside the Customer Experience Assistant you will ensure our customers within the incubator receive an excellent customer service experience, are provided with an environment that encourages their growth and are part of a collaborative community of SMEs, business support organisations and the wider eco-system to support their growth.
The Community Manager will lead on engagement activity at Grassroots while also working with the OI and OSI teams to ensure the delivery of a high quality environment within the incubator. Able to work alongside a range of stakeholders and undertake networking, event management, customer service, facilities management and sales to support the vision and objectives for the Incubator; this is an ideal role for an experienced customer focused, membership, retail or network administrator in a fast-paced environment. Plenty of support and training will be given where necessary but you will need to possess excellent organisational, communication and customer service skills with a keen eye for detail and have plenty of ideas of how to create and support dynamic communities.
If you are reliable, proactive, self-motivated and are comfortable working independently as well as part of the wider team, then this may be the role for you.
About the role
Major objectives of the role:
• To lead on the creation and maintenance of a dynamic and engaged business community within Grassroots.
• To deliver a wide range of community engagement activities including events, networking opportunities and social interactions to drive collaboration
• To undertake all aspects of sales and operational activities to attract new customers to the Incubator and ensure retention of existing customers
• To make connections within the Oxfordshire ecosystem, making direct introductions and forging meaningful relationships where necessary.
• To maintain the community and the environment to a high standard, in line with OSI and OI’s vision and standards.
• To deliver exceptional customer service levels, supporting the OSI and working with our central commercial and operations teams
• To be accountable for the financial and operational performance of the centre, including reporting on KPIs
• Overall management control and accountability for the financial and commercial performance of the centre
What we're looking for
• Experience in the operational running of a similar project, co-working or shared workspace or comparable operation is desirable or demonstrable transferable experience in a customer facing environment
• Clearly identifiable management skills in order to lead a team within a service environment, ensuring overall performance is maximised
• Evidence of negotiation skills within previous roles
What are you like?
• Highly self-motivated and proactive with a desire to contribute to the wider company
• An interest in enterprise, entrepreneurial activity and in working in a lively, dynamic business environment
• A keen technology and IT user, adept at social media and communication on and offline with experience of using a range of technology
• Able to motivate, lead and delegate tasks to the team
• A confident and enthusiastic person able to work with a variety of stakeholders and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
• Client and customer services focussed
• Ability to work under pressure and multi task
• Conscientious and efficient with an eye for detail and pride in their work
• Great as part of a team as well as working on their own when the need arises
• Flexible – willing to do what it takes to make the centre a success
Salary and benefits:
• Basic salary of circa £35,000
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Life assurance 4x salary
• Permanent Health Insurance
• 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Charity Days
• Flexible benefits package comprising:
• Contributory pension with up to 5% matching employer contributions
• Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
• Purchase of private medical and dental insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Bicycle purchase
• Charitable giving
• Friendly, informal and flexible working environment