Customer Experience Assistant
£20,000 per annum pro rata
Part Time, Permanent
Making sure our customers have the best experience in our Innovation Centres is a real team effort and as a member of the Centre management team, you’ll be a key part in this. You will welcome everyone to Culham Innovation Centre.
Oxford Innovation’s Innovation Centres division operates a network of centres that provide flexible office and laboratory space and business support services to companies throughout the UK. Our clients are investors and public sector organisations that contract with us to deliver innovation centres and programmes to business. We manage more than twenty centres across the UK for a variety of public and private sector clients, providing space and support to nearly 1000 exciting, innovative and growing companies.
This part-time position (22.5 hours per week) will report directly to the Assistant Centre Manager. At Culham Innovation Centre the Customer Experience Assistant is the person who makes the difference. Our customers are busy entrepreneurs, building their own businesses, so should expect from us great service, a warm welcome and a freshly brewed tea or coffee when they need it.
That’s why we are looking for someone who can convey energy to our customers, a sparkling, enthusiastic, proactive person who feels part of the centre community and is willing to go the extra mile. Happy working in a team or on your own you’ll show pride in your work, making sure the Innovation Centre always looks the part and always looking for something new to challenge you.
About the role
What will you do?
There’ll be plenty of variety so you’ll never feel bored, here are the main responsibilities you will have:
• Be the first and last point of contact for our customers and their guests
• Welcome all our customers, visitors and meeting room guests with an authentic enthusiasm and smile in a friendly, professional natural manner
• Manage keys and passes (activation/ deactivation) for customers
• Handle all daily incoming and outgoing mail for customers
• Answer all incoming questions and requests via phone, email or at reception
• Booking and recording all requests for meeting rooms and events, arranging refreshments and other support needed
• Support the Centre Manager with event planning and hosting
• Monitor the meeting room agenda and act as a host for our coffee morning and external events
• Keep our social media feeds and pages such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn up to date with all the exciting news from OI, the centre customers and events we are hosting, engage and build relationships online
• Make sure the Culham Innovation Centre website is up to date with all the latest news and views
• Support our customers with tasks varying from arranging a courier, using the coffee machine, print jobs, ordering office supplies or even booking a restaurant for that important meeting
• Maintaining tidiness of the community areas in the centre
• Help us with your ideas on how we can keep improving our services
What we're looking for
What are you like?
• A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
• Great IT skill with experience of using a range of technology
• Conscientious and efficient with an eye for detail and pride in their work
• Great as part of a team as well as working on their own when the need arises
• Flexible – willing to do what it takes to make the centre a success
What’s in it for you?
• Salary of up to £12,000, £ 10.25 per hour. FTE £20,000 pa
• 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (Pro-rata)
• Flexible benefits package comprising:
o Contributory pension
o Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
o Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
o Private medical and dental insurance
o Bicycle purchase
o Charitable Giving
• Friendly, informal and flexible working environment – so you can make the most of your home and your work life
• We want you to have chances to progress to Assistant Centre Manager and so we will support you in learning new skills and taking the next steps in your career.
• We’ve also got access to a whole load of discounts so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.