Customer Experience Assistant
Bristol, South West
Up to £21,000 pa (£10.10 ph) depending on experience
The University Enterprise Zone (UEZ), situated on the Frenchay Campus at the University of the West of England (UWE), brings together a range of flexible spaces and programmes for businesses working across high technology areas including robotics, digital and creative technologies, health-tech and biosciences.
Within the UEZ is Future Space, managed by Oxford Innovation on behalf of the University and home to over forty high-growth science and technology companies. We are proud to offer the physical space, business support and a vibrant community to help our customers on the journey to meeting their potential.
The Customer Experience Assistant is a key part of the “front of house” team for the broader UEZ, making sure that customers and visitors to the centre have a warm welcome. You’ll also be at the heart of the Future Space management team – our customers are busy entrepreneurs, building their own businesses, so should expect from us great service and a team who know when to offer that extra bit of support. This is a full-time role, reporting to the Future Space Assistant Centre Manager (although requests for part time hours will be considered).
About the role
What will you do?
Every day in Future Space and the UEZ can be a little bit different and working with such innovative customers can keep us on our toes, but your main responsibilities would be:
- Be the first and last point of contact for customers of the UEZ and Future Space:
- Welcome all our customers and visitors to the UEZ with an authentic enthusiasm
- Support the Centre management team with event planning and hosting
- Help foster a sense of community across the centre, with your own ideas on how we can improve engagement and make Future Space the best place for small companies to grow
- Booking requests for meetings and events, arranging refreshments and other support
- Efficiently deliver a range of operational services to keep the centre running smoothly, including:
- Responsible for opening the centre in the morning and closing at the end of the day
- Handle daily incoming and outgoing mail and calls on behalf of UEZ tenants
- Ensuring all centre equipment is in good working order
- Maintaining and monitoring of useful consumables and stationery across the centre
- Record any chargeable ad hoc services customers or their guests need
- Maintaining tidiness of the community areas in the centre
- Support development of our social media presence and online engagement to help share the great stories and attract new customers/partners:
- Keep our Website and social media pages such as Twitter and LinkedIn up to date with all the exciting news from OI, the centre customers and events we are hosting
- Engage and build relationships online with potential customers and partners across the ecosystem
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone who can convey energy to our customers; a sparkling, enthusiastic and proactive person who wants to be at the heart of a busy, exciting community. Happy working in a team or on your own you’ll show pride in your work, making sure the centre keeps running smoothly and is a great place for our customers to be.
Engagement across the UEZ and out into the wider technology and start-up ecosystem is a key part of the offering, so we are looking for someone who is not only comfortable supporting events in our centre, but who is also keen to engage and sharing exciting stories through our social media channels.
In the wider context, you will also be joining a broad and ambitious organisation as Oxford Innovation operates a network of more than twenty centres across the UK, providing space and support to nearly 1000 exciting and innovative companies on behalf of a range of public and private sector clients.
What are you like?
- A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
- Pro-active and keen to learn new skills
- Great IT skill with experience of using a range of technology
- Experience of different types of social media would be beneficial
- Conscientious and efficient with an eye for detail and pride in their work
- Great as part of a team as well as working on their own when the need arises
- Flexible – willing to do what it takes to make the centre a success
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time)
- Flexible benefits package comprising:
- Contributory pension
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Bicycle purchase
- Charitable Giving
- Friendly, informal and flexible working environment – so you can make the most of your home and your work life
- We want you to have the chance to develop and grow your career and so we will support you in learning new skills or providing training to help you develop
- We’ve also got access to a whole load of discounts so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.