Customer Experience Assistant (Temporary)
Belfast, Northern Ireland
£9,945 (£8.50 per hour) + benefits
Temporary - about 9 months
Making sure our customers have the best experience in our Innovation Centers is a real team effort and as a member of the Innovation Factory team, you’ll be a key part in this. You will welcome everyone to Innovation Factory.
Oxford Innovation’s Innovation Centres division operates a network of centres that provide flexible office and laboratory space and business support services to companies throughout the UK. Our clients are start-ups, high growth SMEs, investors and public sector organisations that contract with us to deliver innovation centres and programmes to business. We now manage more than twenty centres across the UK for a variety of public and private sector clients, providing space and support to nearly 1000 exciting, innovative and growing companies.
This part-time position will report directly to the Assistant Centre Manager. At Innovation Factory the Customer Experience Assistant is the person who makes the difference. Our customers are busy entrepreneurs, building their own businesses, so should expect from us great service, a warm welcome and a freshly brewed tea or coffee when they need it.
That’s why we are looking for someone who can convey energy to our customers, a sparkling, enthusiastic, proactive person who feels part of the centre community and is willing to go the extra mile. Happy working in a team or on your own you’ll show pride in your work, making sure the innovation centre always looks the part and always looking for something new to challenge you.
About the role
Working hours: Part-time role, 22.5 hours per week (8.30am to 1.00pm Monday to Friday).
This is a temporary role covering a period of maternity leave, for approximately 9 months
What will you do?
There’ll be plenty of variety, so you’ll never feel bored, here are the main responsibilities you will have:
- Be the first and last point of contact for our customers and their guests
- Welcome all our customers, visitors and meeting room guests with an authentic enthusiasm and smile in a friendly, professional natural manner
- Responsible for opening the centre in the morning
- Manage keys and passes (activation/ deactivation) for customers
- Handle all daily incoming and outgoing mail for customers
- Answer all incoming questions and requests via phone, email or at reception
- Booking and recording all requests for meeting rooms and events, arranging refreshments and other support needed
- Support Innovation Factory team with event planning and hosting
- Ensuring all centre equipment is in good working order – including for example coffee machines, printers, photocopiers and AV
- Maintaining and monitoring of useful consumables and stationery, so we never run out of toilet roll, paper, coffee and paperclips
- Record any chargeable ad hoc services customers or their guests needs
- Support our customers with tasks varying from arranging a courier, using the coffee machine, print jobs, ordering office supplies or even booking a restaurant for that important meeting
- Maintaining tidiness of the communal areas in the centre
- Support customers with local area knowledge – restaurants, bars, events etc…
- Act as back up for the Innovation Factory team for all kinds of administrative tasks
- Help us with your ideas on how we can keep improving our services
What we're looking for
What are you like?
- A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
- Great IT skill with experience of using a range of technology
- Conscientious and efficient with an eye for detail and pride in their work
- Great as part of a team as well as working on their own when the need arises
- Flexible – willing to do what it takes to make the centre a success
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata
- Flexible benefits package comprising:
- Contributory pension
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Bicycle purchase
- Charitable Giving
- Friendly, informal and flexible working environment – to promote a healthy work/life balance
- We’ve also got access to a whole load of discounts, so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.
Closing date: 25 February 2019
Anticipated Interviews: Week commencing Monday 4th March 2019
TO APPLY: Please download and complete an application pack form from https://www.innovationfactoryni.com/2019/01/30/job-opportunity-2/ and email to Innovation Factory Assistant Centre Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12pm, 25 February 2019: If you do not have email facility please contact to discuss on 01865 261 407.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds