Customer Experience Assistant
Newcastle upon Tyne
c £20,000 plus excellent flexible benefits
Oxford Innovation’s Innovation Centres division operates a network of centres that provide flexible office and laboratory space and business support services to companies throughout the UK. Our clients are Universities, investors and public sector organisations that contract with us to deliver innovation centres and programmes to business. We now manage more than twenty five centres across the UK for a variety of public and private sector clients, providing space and support to nearly 1000 exciting, innovative and growing companies.
This role is key in assisting the Centre Manager to create and curate a dynamic and engaged business community at The Catalyst a brand-new building that houses the National Innovation Centre of Ageing (NICA) and the National Innovation Centre of Data (NICD). Working alongside the Centre Manager and the Assistant Centre Manager, as well as teams from the University of Newcastle, you will ensure that the users of The Catalyst receive an excellent customer service experience. They will be provided with an environment that encourages their growth and connects them to a collaborative community of companies, business support organisations and the wider innovation eco-system to support their growth.
Making sure our customers have the best experience in our innovation Centres is a real team effort and as a member of the Centre management team, you’ll be a key part in this. You will welcome everyone to The Catalyst.
This full-time position will report directly to the Centre Manager. At The Catalyst the Customer Experience Assistant is the person who makes the difference and creates a sense of community by helping to bring the two National Innovation centres for Ageing and Data together. All of the users and visitors to The Catalyst should expect from us great service, a warm welcome and a freshly brewed tea or coffee when they need it. The Catalyst will also play host to a number of exciting exhibitions and events throughout the year and the Customer Experience Assistant will play an integral role in making sure that these run smoothly by working closely with the Innovation Centres and the University directly.
This is a fast paced role with varying times of work which is why we are looking for someone who can convey energy to our customers, a sparkling, enthusiastic, proactive person who feels part of the centre community and is willing to go the extra mile. Happy working in a team or on your own you’ll show pride in your work, making sure the centre always looks the part and always looking for something new to challenge you.
About the role
What will you do?
There’ll be plenty of variety so you’ll never feel bored, here are the main responsibilities you will have:
• Be the first and last point of contact for our visitors, customers and their guests
• Welcome all our customers, visitors and meeting room guests with an authentic enthusiasm and smile in a friendly, professional natural manner
• Responsible for opening the centre in the morning and closing the centre at the end of the day
• Manage keys and passes (activation/ deactivation) for customers
• Handle all daily incoming and outgoing mail for customers
• Answer all incoming questions and requests via phone, email or at reception
• Booking and recording all requests for meeting rooms and events, arranging refreshments and other support needed
• Support the Centre Manager with event planning and hosting
• Monitor the meeting room agenda and act as a host for our coffee morning and external events
• To support any marketing on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Ensuring all centre equipment is in good working order – including for example coffee machines, printers, photocopiers and AV
• Maintaining and monitoring of useful consumables and stationery, so we never run out of toilet roll, paper, coffee and paperclips
• Record any chargeable ad hoc services customers or their guests need
• Support our customers with tasks varying from arranging a courier, using the coffee machine, print jobs, ordering office supplies or even booking a restaurant for that important meeting
• Maintaining tidiness of the community areas in the centre
• Support customers with local area knowledge – restaurants, bars, events etc…
• Act as back up for the Centre Manager for all kinds of administrative tasks
• Help us with your ideas on how we can keep improving our services
• Work with the Centre Manager and University team to ensure all FM issues are logged and managed in a timely fashion.
• Support the Centre Manager with the financial management of the centre.
What we're looking for
What are you like?
• A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
• Great IT skill with experience of using a range of technology
• Conscientious and efficient with an eye for detail and pride in their work
• Great as part of a team as well as working on their own when the need arises
• Flexible – willing to do what it takes to make the centre a success
What’s in it for you?
• 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Flexible benefits package comprising:
o Contributory pension
o Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
o Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
o Private medical and dental insurance
o Bicycle purchase
o Charitable Giving
• Friendly, informal and flexible working environment – so you can make the most of your home and your work life
• We want you to have chances to progress within the business, so we will support you in learning new skills and taking the next steps in your career.
• We’ve also got access to a whole load of discounts so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.