£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
The Finance Manager will report to the Divisional Director of Finance, who holds a position on the Board of Oxford Innovation. They will manage and be supported by a Management Accountant and two Accounts Assistants.
The role is based in the central Oxford head office and will require travel to our portfolio of centres and clients across the UK.
Major objectives of the role:
This role focuses on the commercial, compliance and reporting elements of Oxford Innovation and requires a good working relationship across all departments.
The role holds a position within the Senior Management Team.
As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up.
These responsibilities cover Oxford Innovation and our client responsibilities.
About the role
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Manage, develop and implement in conjunction with the Divisional Director of Finance the financial processes and systems.
• Relationship building with external stakeholders which include clients. Includes attending client meetings as required.
• Business partnering which involves analysing financial information, working with centre teams and / or departments to problem solve and make continuous improvements to the business.
• Manage and prepare the annual budget and ongoing forecasts.
• Own the monthly financial reporting requirements for both Oxford Innovation and our clients. This includes the preparation of management accounts for Oxford Innovation and our portfolio of Innovation Centres.
• Manage and prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations, including the Fixed Asset Register.
• Manage sales, purchase and general ledgers for Oxford Innovation and client accounts.
• Working capital management and production of weekly cashflows.
• Manage and develop the finance team.
• Financial management of centre mobilisations, fit outs and capital works programmes.
• Managing the annual audit process, including acting as the first point of contact for external auditors of Oxford Innovation and our clients.
What we're looking for
• Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or demonstrable QBE.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft excel, PowerPoint and word.
• Excellent communication and management skills.
• Strong analytical skills with a natural enjoyment of data interrogation and interpretation
Experience of a similar role is highly desirable.
What’s in it for you:
• Life assurance 4x salary
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Permanent Health Insurance
• 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Charity Days
• Flexible benefits package comprising:
• Contributory pension with up to 5% matching employer contributions
• Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
• Purchase of private medical and dental insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Bicycle purchase
• Charitable giving
• Friendly, informal and flexible working environment