up to £30,000 pa (pro-rata £50,000 FTE)
Oxford Innovation is the UK’s leading operator of Business and Innovation Centres, providing office and laboratory space to growing companies throughout the UK. We now manage twenty-three centres across the UK for a variety of public and private sector clients, providing space and support to nearly 1000 exciting, innovative and growing companies.
Oxford Innovation manages 24 innovation centres in the UK supporting approximately 1000 mirco and small businesses with a business support team of innovation directors and mangers. BASE Bordon Innovation Centre was opened in November 2017 in the regeneration area of Whitehill & Bordon in East Hampshire.
About the role
We are seeking an innovative and strategic thinker with strong relationship building skills for the role of Innovation Director. The Innovation Director will provide pragmatic, high quality strategic business coaching and innovation support to businesses based in this new centre, with the objectives of:
- Developing a local ecosystem of supportive partners
- Making BASE a local innovation hub that tech businesses in the local and nearby area naturally wish to locate and cluster
- Enabling businesses in the centre to grow, bring on new talent, innovate and succeed.
What’s in it for you?
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits package comprising:
- Contributory pension
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Bicycle purchase
- Charitable Giving
- Friendly, informal and flexible working environment – so you can make the most of your home and your work life
- We want you to have chances to progress into senior management roles and so we will support you in learning new skills and taking the next steps in your career.
- We’ve also got access to a whole load of discounts so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in business; either working at senior director level within large corporates or as a small business owner themselves. Ideally, they will have a background in tech, digital, creative, space, and gaming sector businesses.
Whilst direct experience of providing quality business coaching to early stage businesses is favourable, we would consider candidates with the inherent skills and aptitude to develop this capability within the role. However, crucial to being successful in this role will be the candidates’ ability to build relevant business, investment, and innovation networks for the centre, and to proactively drive the benefits of collaborative working; either between businesses or with other organisations (e.g. academia, public sector and trade organisations). More specifically, the Innovation Director will be responsible for delivering on a number of targets relating to business growth and development and innovation activity.
For a full job description, click ‘Apply’!