Innovation Manager – Part Time
Belfast, Northern Ireland
In the region of £30,000 (FTE)
Part Time, Permanent
These are exciting times for Oxford Innovation. We are a leading operator of Business and Innovation Centres which provide office space to growing companies throughout the UK managing over twenty centres across the UK, providing space and support to nearly 1,000 innovative and growing companies – the kind of growth that gives us interesting challenges! We also received 100% endorsement from the staff in our latest Staff Survey as a company they would recommend to work for.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with strong relationship building skills for the role of Innovation Manager at Innovation Factory, Belfast. The Innovation Manager will be required to support the Centre Director with providing business support to businesses based in the centre. This role will be working approximately 2.5 days per week.
About the role
- Support the Centre Director (CD) in the delivery of business support at Innovation Factory
- Provide innovation and growth mentoring and coaching to Innovation Factory customers.
- Work with the CD to source and align customers to external support and opportunities from the enterprise eco-system based on their needs.
- Support the CD in the eco-system development through sourcing appropriate subject experts and advisors for additional support for customers were required.
- In the CD’s absence, respond where possible, to ad-hoc customer business support queries.
- Network and represent Innovation Factory at internal and external events.
- Support the development of new Innovation Factory programmes and initiatives as and when they arise.
- Provide the CD with project updates and reports when required for executive and internal meetings.
- Provide regular updates to the wider team for inclusion in newsletters about upcoming events and support at Innovation Factory and the wider geographical locations to its customers.
- Keep all written records
- Provide any other additional support to the CD and the Innovation Factory team as deemed necessary to ensure the effectiveness of the business support function and needs of the business.
Centre & Other OI Team Performance
- Work with whole Centre team to ensure that the business support activities and outputs actively contribute to the successful delivery of their targets and KPIs (revenue streams, occupancy, licence fees, cash collection, cost management etc.)
- Be an active member of the OI Innovation Support network
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in supporting micro businesses and SME’s to innovate and grow. They will have a strong business network and the ability to contribute to Innovation Factory’s role within the wider enterprise eco-system. Crucially, they will have an awareness and understanding of the needs of businesses who are engaging in innovation. Whilst direct experience of providing quality business coaching and mentoring to businesses is favourable we would consider candidates with the inherent skills and aptitude to develop this capability within the role.
- Degree level standard of education
- An understanding of the business support landscape and the needs of micro and SME’s.
- Credibility and ability to engage as a trusted advisor with the customers of Innovation Factory.
- Ability to interact and manage various stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage and co-ordinate business support assignments to a diverse array of businesses for the Centre Director and the customer base within Innovation Factory.
- Ability to provide content for management reports and write articles for internal and external purposes.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills with a personal network beneficial to the business support needs of the role.
- Ability to use own initiative and to be able to identify quickly and effectively how problems can be solved.
- Strategic thinker with business acumen and an understanding of the key functions within a business particularly in respect to new product and service development, sales & marketing, financial management and operations.
- A passion for innovation and solving problems.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong team member who can engage well across the whole Innovation Factory team.