Circa £40,000 per annum
Future Space is a leading Innovation Centre for entrepreneurs and growing companies in the science and technology sector in the Southwest. Managed by Oxford Innovation and based on the UWE Bristol campus, Future Space offers flexible office space, shared and dedicated laboratories, workshops and co-working facilities designed specifically for high-tech, science-based entrepreneurs and innovators.
Oxford Innovation, which manages Future Space on behalf of UWE, is a leading operator of Business and Innovation Centres. Managing 27 Centres across the UK, we provide business support to nearly 1000 innovative and growing companies.
The Innovation Manager will (1) drive collaboration between the Centre’s businesses and the University, and (2) provide pragmatic, high-quality strategic business coaching and innovation support to businesses based at the Centre to enable business growth, innovation development and business success, drawing on the University’s expertise and research strengths.
About the role
The person will have a proven track record in business at a senior level or as a small business owner themselves. Whilst direct experience of providing business coaching to early stage businesses is favourable, we would consider candidates with the inherent skills and aptitude to develop this capability within the role.
Crucial to the success of this role will be the candidate’s ability to proactively identify support needs within businesses; build relevant business, investment and innovation networks for the Centre; and drive the benefits of collaborative working, either between businesses or with the University. More specifically, the Innovation Manager will be responsible for delivering on a number of targets related to business growth and innovation activity.
What we're looking for
• Degree level standard of education
• An understanding of the business support landscape and the needs of SME’s
• Local eco-system knowledge
• Strong networking and relationship building skills with a personal network beneficial to the business support needs of the role
• Strategic thinker with business acumen and an understanding of the key functions within a business particularly sales & marketing, financial management and operations
• Ability to use own initiative and to be able to identify quickly and effectively how problems can be solved
• Ability to interact with and manage various stakeholders
• A passion for innovation and solving problems
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Strong team member who can engage well across the whole Future Space team
What’s in it for you?
• Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
• 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Flexible benefits package comprising:
o Contributory pension
o Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
o Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
o Private medical and dental insurance
o Bicycle purchase
o Charitable Giving
• Friendly, informal and flexible working environment – so you can make the most of your home and your work life.
• We’ve also got access to a whole load of discounts, so you can save money on high street favourites and holiday providers.