Mobilisation Contracts Manager
c.£40,000 per annum DOE
We are looking for a Mobilisation and Contracts Manager to support our Commercial, Operations, Business Development and Finance teams. The role is based in central Oxford but UK-wide travel will be required. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will be required to provide regular reports on mobilisation activity both internally and externally and attend meetings with clients on a regular basis.
This is a full time role (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday). Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business.
Major objectives of the role:
- Acting on behalf of Oxford Innovation (OI), as the Centre Operator and to liaise with our Client, the Design Team and the Principal Contractor to ensure all aspects of each Innovation Centres (IC) Mobilisations are managed to meet the objectives of OI and our Clients.
- Management of pre-opening budgets (both capital and revenue) to ensure profit expectations are met.
- To provide technical advice and support to all stakeholders to ensure the Innovation Centre is fit for purpose, opens on time and within budget.
- Handover completed centres to OI Operations and Commercial Departments (Existing Business) and assist in provision of all Hard and Soft FM services.
- Where required, project management of minor works, refurbishment & rebrand projects to existing centres.
- When necessary manage the handover of centres to the client or an alternative operator on contract termination (de-mobilisation).
About the role
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all mobilisation activity for a new centre, up to the point of opening and continue through to completion of defects.
- To work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery against the opening timeline. Liaising with Operations, Finance, Marketing, Commercial, HR, Business Development, Procurement, and Centre Management Colleagues to ensure effective opening of every new centre and to ensure that key milestones and KPIs are met.
- Ensure all operational aspects for a new centre are established in a timely and appropriate manner, including (but not exclusively): asset lists, operations manual.
- To assist the Operations team in producing the new centre PPM Schedule.
- To procure all approved supply chain contracts to meet Client and OI expectations in line manufacturer recommendations and compliance with relevant statutory legislation under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. (Fire, COSHH, Electricity, Gas etc).
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and all testing and commissioning certificates are included at handover to the Operations team with the completed O&M Manuals.
- Develop and update a Centre Mobilisation Handbook.
- Working with the Marketing Manager (New Business), clients and stakeholder’s communication teams on joint PR and marketing activities. Hosting VIP visitors as appropriate.
- Management of FFE (Capital) budgets, plus the OI mobilisation budget. Ensure all procurement follows both OI and client policies and items are procured in a timely manner to ensure the IC opens on time.
- Chair regular project mobilisation meetings, both internally and those organised by the client.
- Provide update reports to the OI Management Board as required. Send out action notes promptly to ensure all team members are aware of their actions.
- Ensure there is an effective handover of the IC to the Existing Business Team and continuing with operational aspects as necessary post opening.
- Hold wash-up meetings post opening to identify key learning and opportunities for improvement in mobilisation processes.
Technical Construction Support:
- Provide advice to clients and construction teams about building/property issues, such as technical, financial, legal, environmental and sustainability matters in relation to the operation of an Innovation Centre.
- Oversee installation of IT and telecoms infrastructure, managing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure timely installation.
- Ensure all approvals are in place for small fit out works post practical competition, reviewing project tenders for as necessary, ensure all works are carried out to specification, conducting risk assessments and cost control.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a person with outstanding project management and communication skills that can mobilise new centre developments and existing centre improvement projects. The successful candidate will strive for excellence and a high-quality service provision on behalf of OI and our clients, whilst coordinating and delivering a diverse range of activities. You will have demonstrable skills in being a great communicator, balancing a variety of tasks and priorities, and ensuring the delivery of projects on time and on budget. You will be flexible and adaptable to change and able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
You will ideally be educated to degree level with relevant experience in Construction or Estates and Facilities Management and possess excellent Project Management Skills. Good knowledge of budget management is essential. Candidates will need to have a customer service orientated approach, with good communication skills and a positive attitude. You will be IT literate and will need to utilise new software as required.
Salary and benefits
- Salary of c£40,000 pa depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits package comprising:
- Contributory pension
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of annual leave
- Ability to increase or decrease amount of life assurance cover
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Bicycle purchase
- Charitable Giving
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.